Do you say congratulations for a wedding?
Congratulations. “Congratulations” is often the basic message people want to express when they sign a wedding card. It’s like a supportive pat on the back, and it’s easy to say even when you’ve never met one half of the marrying couple.
Why do you say best wishes to the bride?
“Saying congratulations to a bride implies that she has won something – her groom. The groom is to be congratulated for getting the lady to accept his marriage proposal. To avoid controversy, many people just extend their best wishes to the bride and the groom!”
Is it proper etiquette to congratulate a bride?
Always, always extend your best wishes to a bride, but feel free to say congratulations to the groom. … “Saying congratulations to a bride implies that she has won something – her groom. The groom is to be congratulated for getting the lady to accept his marriage proposal.
How do you wish a blissful marriage?
Wishing you two the best of marital bliss and all the love and happiness in the world. Many congratulations on your marriage!! 46. Congratulations to the most beautiful couple.
What message can you write in a wedding card?
- Best wishes!
- We’re/I’m so happy for you!
- Wishing you lots of love and happiness.
- Wishing you a long and happy marriage.
- Wishing you the best today and always.
- So happy to celebrate this day with you both!
- Best wishes for a fun-filled future together.
- Wishing you fulfillment of every dream!
How do you use best wishes?
I express my congratulations and best wishes to him. To them go our thanks and best wishes for the future. I send my best wishes to his family. Thank you very much and my best wishes for an expansion not only of memory but also of responsibility.
How do you greet a bride?
- “So happy for you.”
- “With warmest wishes for the bride-to-be…”
- “What a busy and exciting time! …
- “Please don’t mind my happy tears. …
- “Wishing you all the best today, on your wedding day, and in your life together.”
- “Blessings to you as you prepare to say I do.”
What do you say to a woman who gets engaged?
Congratulations on proving me right.” “Sending warmest congratulations and lots of love as you celebrate your engagement.” “Congratulations! Wishing you happy times ahead as you plan your wedding.”
What do you say to a new bride and groom?
You can stick with for elegant and traditional wording, like “Warmest congratulations to the bride and groom,” or “Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and love.” Alternatively, you can go for more casual vibes, like, “So happy for you!” or “Best wishes!”
How do you wish a newly married couple?
Casual Wedding Wishes
- “Best wishes!”
- “Congratulations on your wedding!”
- “We’re/I’m so happy for you!”
- “Wishing you lots of love and happiness.”
- “We/I love you. Congrats!”
- “Lots of love today and beyond.”
- “Here’s a little something to start your life together.” (If you’re including a gift.)
How much money should you give at a wedding?
The average wedding gift amount hovers right around $100, which is a great place to start, and you can increase or decrease that based on how close you are. If you’re very close or related to the couple (and have the wiggle room in your budget), you may choose to spend more—about $150 per guest (or $200 from a couple).